Thursday, July 27, 2006

#35

I got home from work last night after seven. Part of that was stoping to grab a bite to eat at my parents house. Part of that was filling up the gas in my car for slightly less the three dollars a gallon. But most of that was leaving the office at six-thirty. We have customers all across the country. This is great, but can cause a problem when someone three time zones away call and they still have six hours of business for the day and we are all leaving. So, I was staying late but it became later because I had to help this guy who has not even used the software in over a month. Their business was down. Oh Noes. Except that they have not even started to use the software on a daily bases. But yesterday it was vitally important that it work and it work right now. After calling in, he waited for one hour before starting to send threating emails about how bad our service was. Man, when I first started here, we use to have customers wait for a day or two if the support backup was bad enough. Now, they complain if they have to wait ten minutes. Now, I am working on a customer who is haveing long standing problems. But they are only able make it happen when I am not watching them. Grrr. Stupid Tech Support Magic. Why must you cause broken systems to work only while I look at them? WHY???

No comments: