Wednesday, July 19, 2006

#31

Yesterday was carzy here. I know that everyone else is getting the heat as well, but yesterday was one-hundred and five degrees here. On top of that I locked myself out of my house while I was on my lunch break. I had to sit infront of my house for fifteen minutes waiting for a ride to work. The princess had turned her phone off and she is the only other person with a key. Then I had to wait outside after work for another thirty minutes. I know, how terrible, having to wait outside for a whole fourty-five minutes. Oh my, what ever shall we do. Well, it was not that bad, it is just out of the ordinary for me.
Today was a little bit better. I only managed to almost kill myself once. I was driving home and lost focus for a second. Just kind of drifted off. When I come round a corner and there is a stop light. I am about to go through said light when this ginormous black SUV slides out from behind a bush and starts to cross the street. For two seconds I thought to myself, why is that SUV crossing my lane, I have the green. Coming out of my daze I realize, shoot a monkey, I have the red. I hit the breaks hard and did not kill myself or anyone in the SUV.
Work was ok today. I had to rewrite some code to make our software do something it probly should have done from the beggining anyway. Part of me wonders what I am going to do all day with out tech calls anymore and Part of me is craving that sweet sweet scilence that I can break wide open with some intenet radio station. I figure it will be something like 700 days in that office by myself. I hope I don't go crazy. Of course, I will have all my faithful readers to keep me company. And yes, I count myself in that crowed.

1 comment:

ark_keeper said...

I'm jealous. Having your own office place is gonna be sweet!