Monday, July 17, 2006

#28

A favorite quote of mine is: "I hope your marriage ends in death." Now, on first glance, that is a creepy thing to say. I guess you have to know where I found this one. I was working at Harding Place, I feed the old people breakfast and lunch. On my last day of work there this old man called me over to his table. and he sang me a song(he liked to sing old 20's-30's songs) and then he says to me, "I hope your marriage ends in death." This seventy/eighty year old man, doubled over with a cane, white hair and a tiny doubled over wife, spoke an amazing profound word. Creepy at first, but when you think about it you hope that your marriage does end in death. You don't want it to end with adultery, distrust or ireconcialable differences. You want it to end with death. Not today, but someday along time from now. It is an amazing concept when you consider the rate of divorce "scientific" studies tell us. So, for all my married friends out there, I pray that your marriage ends in death. Be Blessed.

No comments: