Sunday, January 07, 2007

#84

Yowza McBowza. I missed my post yesterday. I think maybe I won't make myself post one on both days of the weekend. I mean, if I do then great. I will make it a goal, but we will see what happens. So, what is there to know about our lives. Well, Thursday night we made it down to LR and were able to deposit my paycheck. Apparently when we moved they cut my paycheck inorder to compensate for the office rent and so on. This is not a big deal to me because I had originally suggested this, but they never brought it back up and I had no idea this was happening until I was home for christmas. They told me my paycheck was going backup to my original amount and completely caught me off guard. Again, this doesn't bother me because our company was tight in the budget at the time and now we are not tight, but I can easily see how someone could walk out the door if they found out that for four months they had been making about 10% less each month. They are taking a look at their finances now and I should find out about a real raise sometime this month or next.
On a sad note the woman who owns the house we are staying in died on Dec. 27. It looks like one of her children will inherit the house and they will either keep it or sell it. If they sell it then our landlord will probably buy it. We do have a 24 month contract so legally we don't have to worry about getting kicked out or anything. We talked shortly about making a bid on the house, but I am a little weary of that because then we would have to become Arkansas residence and that could throw some kinks in things. So, I doubt it will happen, beside we don't really have the funds to handle it right now.
Part of why I didn't post yesterday was the fact that we went down to LR again with Sean and Joe. We went and saw The Prestige which is a movie about magics. I LOVED IT. I thought it was amazing. The whole movie is out an out of sync time line and ends out super crazy crazy sweet. Then we ended up at T.G.I.Friday's and we split one of those 3 course meal deal and had plenty of goodness. THen we headed off to BaN for some coffee and book reading. We didn't end up back home until after 12 and into bed and asleep around 1. It was a good time.
That about does it for this weekend. I am headed off to California this week for work so I will post how that goes and that is that. Later.

No comments: