Monday, January 01, 2007

#79

Ok,so it is the 2007 and he we are. Somethings have changed, some things haven't. Well, instead of a year in review, which would have been appropriate yesterday I think I am going to try a year in pre-view. I have several goals for the next year. These items might even be called resolutions. So, without further ado......
THINGS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN IN 2007, or MAYBE NOT
1. I am really looking forward to writing a thoughtful post everyday. Sometimes it will be politics, sometimes it will be what is going on in my life, and so on. This should up my posting from 78per year to around 356per year.
2. Start taking TaeKwonDo lessons. I have some friends doing this in VA and I wanted to start but didn't have the time or money. This last week, the accounting gave me my first of two raises. This one gets me back up to the amount I was making before the move.
3. Go to France. This may seem like a large ticket item, but really we already have tickets and are starting plans so it is not as impossible as it may at first seem.
4. Be Active. This involves getting off my less skinny butt and going out and doing things. Right now this can be covered by the city basketball league. This might also be taken care of by learning to play the guitar or working on creating a video game or a hundred other things beside being depressed and self-loathing.
5. Create a budget. We want to try using Microsoft money or maybe QuickBooks. We have copies of both lying around. I think we will probably use the MSMonies though because it was designed for use by families. That is probably what I will be doing tonight.
6. Be a better husband. This involves a lot of things. I think the whole being active will help out with this. Also, because The Princess is a student we get free counseling so we have an oportunity to work out things not just between ourselves but baggage that we may have brought into our relationship from our parents(which is like most people).
7. Continue to work on my blog and make it presentable again. After I switched over to Blogger Beta, or whatever, I lost all my format stuff and so far I have been less then persistant in continuing to update it.
8. Read my bible through in a year. I have a group that I am in on LiveJournal that goes through the bible in a year and they talk about what they have read everyday, so I am hoping to work through that and actually have some intellegent conversation about the scripture. Over the past three years I have become very un-educated when it comes to the scripture and I am really looking forward to fixing that.
9. Work on my netflix queue. Updating and keeping track of the movies I watch in and out of my queue.

Ok, that is all I got for now. I have a couple more hours to work with before I go to bed. Later.

No comments: