Friday, January 05, 2007

#83

So, my paycheck finally arrived. Well, I use the term arrived very very loosely. At 5:05 when I called UPS they told me that they would get intouch with the local hub and then the hub would call me. So I wanted. At 5:37 I received a call from said hub and after a brief discussion, in which I was very polite, they told me they would get a hold of the driver and find out what had happened. At 6:10 when I called they told me that the driver had delivered it to my front door.
me - Front door?
ups - Yes he placed it inside the screen door.
me - What screen door?
ups - You don't have a screen door.
me - No I do not have a screen door.
ups - Hmmm.
me - Ask him if it was the Board of Realators building.
ups - Oh, he may have delivered it to another house on the block.
me - Wow, thanks.
So, apparently the driver decided that my address, which is clearly on the envelope and clearly on the building, was a suggestion. I had to truck on down the street in the rain asking people if they got my paycheck. Finally found it. The driver had dropped it off three hours earlier. Thanks UPS, thank you very much.

1 comment:

ark_keeper said...

Awesome. Hooray UPS. DHL is sweet. If you aren't there to sign they leave a paper that you can sign and they come back the next day, and then they'll leave the package for you.