Thursday, August 10, 2006

#42

Well, the van is all packed up and the air matress is all pumped. I think today has been a good day. A victory even. There were about twelve of us packing the van. The U-Haul we used to get out here was seventeen feet. Well, the Budget guy calls me this morning and says he has a fifteen footer for us. Um, the website said sixteen feet. No, those are the new ones, you get an old ones. YARGH, defeated. Well, with all those people we really packed it in there. Shwew. My parents drove by the Little Ceasers and picked up a couple of Hot N' Readys and we threw some Gatorade into the fridge and we had a nice dinner to go with our packing. HUZZAH. The only down side tomorrow is I do not know when my boss is getting into work and I can leave. The reason for this is two fold. One, my boss failed his driver's license renwal today. They do an eye test and he does not have the best vision ever, so he failed and then had to go to the doctor. I do not know if he was able to make it back to the DMV and finish up or what. That is ok. Oh yeah, he took me out to lunch today, "manager's meeting", and dropped me off at the office before he went for the renewal. I am so thankful that he is willing to feed me every now and again, it really helps out alot with my budget. You might not think it would, but it is one less meal I have to pay for and it is two less trips in the car I have to take. The second fold is that my boss' four year old daughter is having out-patient surgery tomorrow morning. I have no idea when she is scheduled to be done, so I have no idea when he is going to show up. This on top of the fact that I am leaving between noon and one and that our top support person(besides moi, of course :) ) has been out all week and will be out until monday. So, the new guy and the lazy guy are going to be there with the head guy and the sales guy for a Friday afternoon, which typically is hectic cause everyone wants to pack it in before the end of the day. I do have new guy coming in an hour earlier then usual, so that should help.
Next week we are finally going to tell everyone in the office that I am moving. My boss has been worried about performance in the office, but I think it will be ok. September should be pretty rough, but if sales can pick up maybe someday we can bring in some more support personell. Of course, I should be able to program full time starting in September. That should really help out alot, because people are all the time calling in with spelling errors or little bugs or tiny things that only they notice. And because the presure to fix it is small, it gets put on a very large and ever growing pile. At the moment, our head programmer, my boss, is the only one working on updating the software in any large form. I hit up a couple of things here and there, but mostly he develops the bigger picture. Bringing me in to help with programming should help take a load off his back. I might even even slip in some sales calls or something for the company. I will definitly be traveling more. Since I will already be out of the office, the performance in the office won't be hindered by my apscence. Grr, I really need some sort of spell check. Well, I need to get some sleep, tomorrow is setting up to be a very long day. Hopefully I can get one more post in before he kick out and bugger-off. I will also have my eye open for some free Wi-Fi so I can post from the road. Not that my road trip will be very interesting, but it will give me something to do. I can not drive. I was not there, so my name and license is not on the contract and I am not suppose to drive. Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

AlphaTau37 said...

42? You counting backwards now?