Wednesday, August 02, 2006

#38

Wow, it has been a couple of days. This could either be a big ol honkin' entry, or I might just get bored with typing half way through and then have nothing else to say. Well, first I guess I should tell you about The Game. The Game is actually very easy to play. So easy in fact, that you are all already playing it. You lose The Game everytime you remember that you are playing it. At which point, you must notify those around you that you have just lost The Game. See, real simple. The only hard part is trying to not remember that you are playing. Along the same lines, I have been playing RE4 and I beat it about two weeks ago. I was kinda lost on parts of the story line, but that happens when you play the fist of a series and then jump back in four games later. That is one thing I enjoy about newer video games. There can be multiple came story arcs, kind of like in movies. StarWars has several multiple movie story arcs and it was good, very good. Similiar with RE or Mario Brothers or Zelda, you have reocurring characters that bind these stories together. Anyway, I beat it so now I have to move on to something else. I am thinking Online Poker. I play for free so do not worry I have no intentions of going bankrupt or anything.
I bought a laptop yesterday. I have been wanting to buy one for some time know and yesterday I just wanted it badly enough that I went out and bought one. I got it from TigerDirect so it looks like I got a pretty good price for it. No, I am not going to tell you what kind it is. I did look around, but I got antsy and had a spontanious urge so I bought it. I know that I should have waited till after work, called my brother and seen what kind of deal he could make me(he does sales for DELL), but I just couldn't do it. I was going crazy with the lazyness at work and my mind just kept going back to that laptop. So, being the spontanious person I am, I bought it. Heh, I am not very spontanious.
My Parents are out of town this week. They are going to gone for 7 days. Now here is the part where someone might care. They have the double movie pass at Blockbuster. With them out of town, I, being the only in town son, natuurally inherit their pass. HuRah for super movie overdose. Let us see. I have watched FlightPlan, 40 Year Old Virgin(only 10 min.), Kicking And Screaming, Kingdom of Heaven, Running Scared, 16 Blocks, V for Vendetta. I think there was one more, but I can not remember what it was. I might remember it later. FlightPlan was meh, not overly suspensful, but I do not have a child to look after, so maybe some moms thought it was nerve racking. 40 Year Old Virgin, it was the unrated version, the only copy they had at the store. Personally, I have tried to avoid this movie, but The Princess, in her ignorance, thought it might be funny. The first 10 minutes was pretty rough so we turned it off. That is the great part of the deal, I did not have to pay for it. Kicking And Screaming was another meh movie. I think Will Farell(sp?) can be pretty funny. I loved ELF, but this one just did not do it for me. Kingdom of Heaven was really good. It tells a story about the crusades so there is a some violence. Still, I really enjoyed it. A lot. For Running Scared, I in no form, shape, or fashion encourage anyone to see this movie. That said, I liked this movie a fair amount. The only turn off for most, would be the language. I remember a movie from a while ago, Boone Dock Saints, that was very good. It had this grit to it that stuck with you for a couple of days. Running Scared has that same feel. A good guy sort of wins in the end. I think that is what endears me to this movie. The real reason I rented 16 Blocks was because it has Bruce the Willis. It actually reminded me of Bruce's carrier, he use to be big top performance blockbuster and then he ramped down and got all drunk and disorderly, but then he makes a come back and Hurray saves the day, sort of. There are a couple of twist and turns, so it comes out ahead of the curve, but just barely. Again, I am glad I didn't have to pay to see it. Not paying really allows my to enjoy a movie that I would have been pissed if I had paid to see it. :) I liked it, but not paying really movied it up the list. A lot. And Finally, V for Vendetta. I think maybe I have over saturated myself with well told stories this week. I enjoyed the movie, it was good, well thought out, well shot, nice color schemes. Over all, very enjoyable. Not sure what the movies will be up for the rest of the week, but one of the WILL be The Constant Gardener. I am excited about that movie. It is my understanding that it comes from a book. I usually love books that get turned into movies. The Bourne Identity being a favorite book of mine. I love the book so much that I actually hate the movie. There is a bright point for that movie. The movie is sooo far off from the book that the second movie doesn't have anything to do with the book at all. Absolutly nothing, so I was able to really enjoy that second movie and I am fairly confident that I will absolutly love the third one. And this is where I get tired of writing and go off and do something else. Maybe even work.

2 comments:

ark_keeper said...

Running Scared made me never want to trust anyone with my kids. *shudder* You should watch The World's Fastest Indian. It's great. And although it looks totally stupid and childish, She's The Man was very enjoyable. We actually watched it again with the commentary on, possibly out of boredom (I was playing my DS, beth wanted to watch it again). When Inside Man comes out, you should definitely watch that. I think it's next Tues. Lord of War was really good I thought, but does have some adult content stuff.

Luke said...

Ok, I will try TWFI and LoW tonight. I think LoW is one of the ones I wanted to see. Thats the bad part of being broke, I can never remember what movies I wanted to see when they make it to video.