Saturday, September 16, 2006

#59

So, it is the weekend. Yesterday my wife calls me at four and asks if I think we should go camping this weekend. Sure, I guess so, camping is not so much my thing, but I usually have a good time when I go. So, She gets a hold of some friends and we head on out to Heber. Of course It is around 6:30 when we leave Searcy, so we get to Heber around 7:30 and, well, it is pretty dark by then, but we did find a nice spot, put up the tent found some burnables, made a fire, cooked dinner, paid for the night and went to sleep. Not to shabby for getting in so late. Then this morning we went for a hike around the trails, cleaned up, packed up, and went swimming. Then we headed home arriving back here at around 1:45. Not to bad of a weekend adventure, of course our weekend was not over yet. We still had to build a fence for our dog. Off to Lowe's it is. Oh yeah, before we left for Lowe's we had received a phone call about pudding or something. Apparently a good friend of ours is/was in town this weekend, but we missed him, maybe. Of course I tried to call him back, but no response, so I let him know that it is rude to leave a message and then not be available when the message-e(the one receiving a message) gives a call back. But, unlike most of my customers I know, use the message machine, just leave a note saying anything. Anyway, at Lowe's we picked up the fencing and the poles and the tie-ons and were headed home. We built a fence and are almost done, but apparently we have a large slab or cement in one part of our yard, possibly an old pattio under several inches of dirt, that is causing a problem. Our first movies from Netflix showed up yesterday, so I got to watch one of them this today. Akeela and the Bee. It was actually a really good movie. The Princess had already seen it and said she liked it a lot, so I figured I would use our first movie as a "peace offering" but I came to find that I really enjoyed it as well. It gave you that excited suspensful feeling in your chest, but it was clean. Like when you go watch a professional game of some sort and one of the teams is important to you. The time is running out and it is a tied game, so tense and so exciting. Very enjoyable. I thought the acting was very good as well, sometimes kids actors are not so good, but she did alright. Earlier this week we also watched Turtles Can Fly. It is a foreign film about a little town in the middle east just before Desert Shield/Storm. It has nothing to do with the war and is actually very sad to watch. Interesting and intriguing, but sad. One part I enjoyed is the fact that none of the actors have ever been before a camera before. It is really funny, because one of the kids yells all his lines. hehe. Well, I guess it is time for bed. Good night and good luck.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hey. Be sure to seal that fence. Mine hasn't been sealed (because I didn't know I was supposed to) and now it's really brittle and cracking.

Just a piece of advice from a guy gradually approaching middle age. Along with that, I also understand how esgrow works. hehe

AlphaTau37 said...

Yeah, so I was in town Friday night, but left Saturday morning for northwest Arkansas. Would've answered the phone had I not been in a movie theatre. You know how it goes. I'll definitely give ya'll a call this weekend though.

AlphaTau37 said...

No, I didn't get the chance to see the Weird Al video. Any good?

ark_keeper said...

Ahh, the Weird Al video. Pure greatness. Hey, we're coming up the 29th for the weekend. I definitely wanna see your awesome office and hang out, get some coffee or something while we're up. I don't have your number or anything. ark_keeper@yahoo.com send me your number so I can call you when we're there.