Wednesday, June 28, 2006

#5

I started this blog because I'm moving. Moving always makes me want to try and be better then I am right now. But this move is a little different. Usually when you move you cast off the old and disembark into the unknown. You have to find a new home, a new job, a new church, new hang-outs, and new friends. You have to pack-up your memories and leave the comfort of "home" and ship off into the sea of unknown. Well, like I said, this move is different for one reason. Instead of going to a place we don't know We are going back. I lived in this little Po-dunk town in Arkansas for 5 years and have great memories and even better friends, brothers and sisters even. Then we moved. We moved because I couldn't find a job in my field(Computers, software). We moved because I didn't want to get stuck in that little town like so many other people we knew(older people, not those our age). We moved because I wnated to be better then I was. My wife had to quit her job. We had to say goodbye to our friends. We had to say goodbye to our church(it actually met in our home). We set sail for the East Coast. For me, I was going home. For the wife, she was trusting God and me to take care of her. Here, we found work, homes, church and friends, but honestly it wasn't the same. Not as deep binding. Sure, we will miss our friends/family here, but part of me desires to go back. I know it will be different, but I can't help be feel excited about going back. That is why I started this blog. I have tried before, with LiveJournal, but I just didn't write in it everyday. I had friends there, but not what I was looking for. I can't explain it really, I just think this might be a better forum for my thoughts. I'll still read my friends that I have there, but I think this is where I'm stepping off into the unknown. This is my unknown for this move. Maybe.

No comments: