Thursday, January 03, 2008

2-3

Another day, another dollar. Or something like that. So, I've been using this website pandora.com and I like it a lot. It lets you select a band or song and based on the music genome project it selects more music for you. You then have the ability to Yes or No the music that is plays and it creates a unique radio station for you based on your preferences. It is pretty cool. So, today I read Matt 7:6-9:30. These are the worst breaks for doing this ever, but as I read along the breaks won't mater as much because I will start re-reading sections and things will start fitting together. Well, these couple of chapters finishes up the sermon on the mount. Normally this section feels really long, but no so much this time. I think the story of the centurion is a favorite of mine. Some where he came across the teachings of Jesus and realized that there was power not only in his spoken word, but also Jesus' actions. This early into Jesus' ministry this roman was able to see that Jesus had some awsome powers. I doubt I would have been as open minded or open eyed as this man. The part that strikes me is that we don't even know his name, he was just another soldier, yet here I am ~2000 years later writing about it in little electric 1's and 0's. Wondering about his family and his job and how he went about day to day. He left an amazing legacy of faith with only a 30 second conversation. 30 seconds. I hope I can live a life that will leave a legatcy of faith, even if it takes more then 30 seconds.

No comments: