Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2-2

*ACK* The second day in and I almost didn't make it. That was a close one. Well, now I'm tired and don't feel like writing about anything today. Sooo, today I read Matthew 4:25 - 7:5. Interesting stuff. It includes the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount. There are a lot of good teaching in there about a lot of things. I know that there are plenty of people who have done lots of stuff on the beatitudes, so I'm going to skip them this time around. Maybe in three months I'll write about them. What caught me as interesting today was 4:17. Jesus says Don't think I came to destroy the law, I came to fulfill it. That is an odd thing to say. Nothing in the red text up to that point sounds like anything that has anything to do with the law. Then he starts to talk about the permanency of the law. Just sounds like people have already started to talk about him behind his back and spread rumors, even at this early stage. I think there was something that got my gears going, but I can't remember it now. Maybe tomorrow I'll write at the same time I read. maybe.

No comments: