Sunday, October 29, 2006

#65

It has been a pretty good weekend. Both days were beautiful and I was able to get out of the house and be in the beauty both days. If you do not know, this weekend was homecoming weekend here at the local university. Because of this several of my friends were in town. Also, they do this thing in the GAC where all the social clubs have a booth and the alumni can come by and see what their old groups have been up to. See how they have changed for the better or for the worse. Well, I got a call from my boy, who shall remain nameless at this point, that he was over there and so were some other friends(B and Rach). So I put some clothes on a trundeled over there in order to see them. Well, I went inside and ended up stopping by the ATE both and seeing the new guys. It was a definite ego boost for me, because when I told them my name they were like, wowzer mcbowezer you are that guy. A definite ego boost. Oh and thanks to whoever laid down some great legends about me. Unfortunatly, there was a down side. Some young upstart by the name of twinkie beat my minor date record. He had ~1070. Well, they did have a football game during the week and I know that helped him out a lot, but all is fair game during rough week, so I congratulate you twinkie. So we talked for a little bit and I gave the current president my phone number because I still live here in town and I just sit around alot of the time. Maybe something interesting will come of it, maybe not. But it was nice to meet the next gen and to see that they were still all sitting at the table getting a face full(of food you pervert), just like we would have been :) Then I headed outside, because that is where the three amigos were standing, in search of some old faces. Ahh, it was good to see B and Rach again. We decided that it would be a good time to head on over to Charlie's. I had a good time at Charlie's and enjoyed some really good super pizza. Then I played some PirateKing'sOnline and uped my guy a level while killing off the next guy in the quest. Then we went to the musical. I have never seen Fidler on the Roof, but it was not to bad. The singing was not the best, the musicians were not the best and I do not think it was the best musical I have seen, but I was twice as long as a movie and only a dollar more. Then today, we got an extra hour of day light savings time. HUZZAH. We went to church at Cloverdale and I think that is probably where we are going to go while we are here. We really have not felt at home at any of the churches we have go to so far here in town. The closest was Covenant, but with the snake handeling I think it was a little much. After church we were catching up on Prison Break when Tony called and I went to go play some basketball over at the Academy. The Princess has two papers that she has been working on and they are due soon, so that is where a lot of her time is going. After I sucked at basketball for an hour and a half, I went home and read a book and ate dinner. Then it was off to our Sunday night bible study which was nice, if not a little unguided this evening. We talked about finances and other struggles that a newleywed couple comes across. Mostly they were issues that me and The Princess have worked through, but I thought it was potentially encouraging for the others. Now I am home and writing about all the glorious things I did this weekend. Oh, by the way, if there is anyone in LR who might have a place where one might sleep/stay this saturday night please let me know. It would also be nice if one could get a ride to the airport at 4:30AMish because I have a flight that leaves at 6:00amish, I think. I will have to double check, but that is going to be a long, multicultural day for me. It has been my experience that flying into the country is much more stressfull then flying out of the country. This is probly due to the fact that I fly into toursit areas and they do not care what you bring with you, but America cares what you bring back. Man, customs is intimidating. Although, I think it might not be so bad this time because I am going to an American Territory.

1 comment:

AlphaTau37 said...

You know you've always got a place man. And yes, I'll even get up and get you to the airport by 4:30 in the AM.